Airmiles

In anticipation of our upcoming trip to New Zealand, I'm booking our accommodations. We are extremely lucky that we have five (count 'em, 5!) Rotary hosts, 4 of whom invited us to stay with them for a few nights each. We are so lucky. This was a major highlight of our recent trip to Scotland, where we were hosted by two wonderful Rotary couples and invited to participate in several Rotary events during our trip.

But I digress. This is about Airmiles. For the nights that we are on our own, I decided to book us into Best Westerns as they are scatterefd all over New Zealand
and I can convert Airmiles into Best Western gift cards.

It takes an awfully long time to book any kind of travel with Airmiles. I've learned they have 350-400 agents on duty at any time but still, it's a ridiculously long wait on the phone. Last year Hans and I took turns sitting with the phone glued to our ear for over an hour.

So we bought a speaker phone.

Since we bought it, we've rarely had to use the speaker. But how hard can it be? So I'm on the speaker, number dialed and listening to their recorded messages telling me I am in the queue, but I have to wait. And wait. But I'm on the speaker so it's okay and I play Spider Solitaire to pass the time.

Eventually, a live person speaks. I pick up the receiver and turn off the speaker - and also the live person for whom I had waited for the last 30 minutes. Aargh!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Your call is important to us."

Yeah, right! That's why I've been on hold for an hour.

~2nd dotter

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"