Bonjour!

After 30+ years of speaking virtually no French, I've been asked to pull those rusty verbs and nouns into the light of day and give them a brisk dusting-off. Mon Dieu!

I'm secretly looking forward to it. It will quickly become obvious to everyone that:
(a) I used to speak French fluently, and
(b) I don't anymore. *sigh*

I spent some time yesterday afternoon translating a document from English into French. This exercise was seriously hampered by the tediousness of having to create the various accents using keyboard shortcuts (which, I'd like to point out, don't all work as they should). And secondly, I had to refer to the online English/ French dictionary a shocking number of times.

I feel like a toddler who's just learning to speak. Kids have so much to say but don't know the words so they go 'round and 'round the subject till they make their point. That will be me tomorrow.

C'est la vie.

But the really good news is... I get a free dinner out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"