Last Day at Sea, then Home

In the wee hours of the morning Hans fell in our cabin and badly hurt his back. See my earlier post about the hospital.

Luckily, we had a full day at sea during which he could rest and he never left the cabin. That evening I went alone to dinner and our 4 friends came back with me, Clark poised at my back with his camera ready as I opened the door.

"If you read this posting Clark, email me the photo and I'll put it up".

__________________

These are the hours of lead.

Waiting in the cabin until 8:00 a.m. when we had to vacate. Then waiting to disembark. However, the line actually moved very, very quickly. The hardest part was for Hans to have to stand while we waited for our colour to be called. As soon as we were in the warehouse we saw all the luggage stacked according to colour . I flagged a porter to give us a hand, identified our bags and then we lined up for the bus.

The only downside is that we had 4 hours to kill at the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and we couldn't check our bags until 3 hours prior to takeoff.

On our second flight a lady asked me if I would switch with her husband, who had a fear of flying phobia.

"I'm eternally grateful" he said at the endof the flight.

"You're welcome but you can do me a favour. I have a very heavy bag in the overhead which has 6 bottles of rum. And their twins are up there too." Debt repaid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"