Treading Lightly

This morning, as usual, I got on the treadmill. It's my habit to start off slowly at 3.0 mph (4.8 kph) while I use the remote to flip through the channels and find something to watch on TV. This done, I quickly settled into my routine which is to bump up to 3.8 (6.08 kph) for 2-3 minutes at a time, then settle back to 3.4 for a bit, and repeat. I aim for a total of 10 minutes at 3.8 during my 20 minute workout.

This morning I was delighted to find that finally, I wasn't breathing hard after 3 minutes at 3.8. Nevertheless I dropped back but quickly found that it was too easy at that pace so I resumed speed at 3.8. I double checked. Yup, I was definitely at the right speed. Encouraged, I decided to just maintain that speed.

Then I realized I had forgotten to set the elevation.

Phooey.

Our treadmill goes from 0 - 12 in elevation and I usually work at 8. Today it was 0.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ARGH! Ah well, I'm sure you are still getting better at it every day - it's just that it's hard to notice when it's part of a daily routine. You're doing great!

FD, T- 16.6

Popular posts from this blog

The trouble with winter is…

Summer Palace

"The Party"