Blisters!

I'm in Conques at the conclusion of day #7. Have completed about 200 km.

Here are the good news and the not so good news.

The weather is and continues to be fantastic. Absolutely ideal with cool mornings and mostly brilliant sunshine during the day. No sign of rain in the forseeable forecast.

The repair to my shoes seems to be holding. No concerns there.

My feet are in terrible shape.

For the first time on one of these Camino walks I have blisters on the balls of both feet, the heel on my right foot and small blisters on a couple of toes including under one nail. Have had the problems for the last four days.

In other news, the walking has been the best ever. Incredible scenery walking through small farms, villages and the occasional small town. The population of Conques where I am staying tonight is 80!!!! Hence, internet has been limited and when available, slow.

I think the problems with my feet stem a bit with the shoes but mostly with the incredibly steep terrain. Huge uphills followed by similar downhills; Some as long as 1000 to 2000 feet in elevation change. The uphills are manageable but the downhills are killing my feet.

I have stayed at three gites with demi pension (dinner and breakfast included). The food has been absolutely fabulous.

Internet is difficult to find. I am in the tourst office in Conques which is dedicated to tourism (though it doesn't seem that there is much tourism here with only 80 residents...)

Comments

charlie said…
GOOD LUCK BUDDY. WATCH FOR INFECTION,,,any red that travels can be serious

cheers
charlie

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"