Bad feet.

I am in Arzacq-Arraziguet (618 km). Unfortuntely I did not arrive by foot but instead by a van that transported baggage for walkers. Last night at Aire-sur-l'Adour the owner who is a paramedic examined my left foot and found it to be infected.

He cleaned and treated the area and I will be OK. At his recommendtion I decided not to walk today but I will tomorrow withoput my backpack which will be transported. After that I should be OK. It seems that using "Compeed" exacerbated the situation by preventing air from getting to the injured area of my foot. It hurt like hell when he cleaned the wound but that's a good sign that the infected area was being treated. So all will be well in a couple of days.

...and later the same day...

I'm at the tourist office in the same town as before. FOOT IS STILL PRETTY SORE but I expect to be walking in the morning. Won't have a backpack and I will take my time stopping frequently. Saw the snow-capped Pyrenees Mountains yesterday for the first time. EXPECT TO START CLIMBING THEM IN 3 days time; IT WILL TAKE ONE DAY TO GET TO St. Jean Pied de Port and then the second day to go over the pass. APPROACHING THE HALF WAY POINT.

Comments

charlie said…
hope you feel better soon. get those feet well before you start climbing...and on those pics you took...are you doing the survivorman thing where you set the camera and go back and take the pic by remote?

cheers
charlie

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"