Over the Pyrennees

I am in Roncesvalles having gone over the pass Napoleon under ideal conditions in five and a half hours. Took about 35 pictures.

No problem with feet or legs and I suspect that everything is finally good after almost 4 weeks of painful walking. Hopefully the rest will be a breeze. I had forgotten how steep some of the sections were but I must be in vbetter shape than last

time as I knocked 50 minutes off my time from 2007.

They have a brand new albergue here which is absolutely stunning compared to the old barn that I stayed in in 2007.

Appreciate all the work that you guys (mostly Drew and Alethea) are doing. Perhaps I should stay in Europe a bit longer until everything is ship shape?

The bunch of us that have been walking together for most of the trip are all having the "menu del peregrino" for 9€ this evening. Expect that we will have a great time.

I mailed the third letter to you yesterday in St Jean not reaizing that there is a threat of a postal strike in Canada later this week. Not much I can do about it now.

Give my best to everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trouble with winter is…

Summer Palace

"The Party"