I got my first chance to try out the resistance pool this afternoon, and it was great. When I was finished, I headed back to the cabin to shower and fix my hair. Hans and Teddy were on the Lido, so I headed there to meet up with them. I found Hans in the hot tub and Teddy standing next to him chatting.

“Hi,” I said. “I had a great swim even though the current in this pool is quite weak. Still, it was sufficient for me and discouraged the better swimmers who left for more challenging pursuits. I just finished showering.”

“Didn’t you do your hair?” asked Teddy, giving me a quick once-over.

What?!” I had washed and curled it, and thought it looked pretty nice.


“Ooops! That didn’t come out right,” laughed Teddy when she saw my shocked look. “I meant, it takes me so long to do my hair to get it right and you were so quick I didn’t think you had time to fix it.”

Good recovery. Guess I’ll be giving it a little extra attention tonight.

Comments

Lethe said…
This reminds me of the cruise we went on where we'd been snorkeling all morning, then RUSHED back to the ship to try and make the lunchtime dining room. We'd just thrown our sundresses on over our wet bathing suits, given the hair a quick finger comb, and off we went... having no idea that the wet bathing suits had soaked through the dresses at our bums and boobs, and our hair looked like we'd stuck our fingers into electrical sockets.
Haloranch said…
Hah! And I'm wearing the same dress now as my cover up. Though since I know how easily it absorbs water, I make sure I'm pretty dry before putting it on.

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"