Other important Kayaking stuff

This past weekend 4 of us were discussing the logistics of our upcoming kayak trip. Specifically, how on earth will we get enough wine from Red Deer to the lodge where we start our trip? There are six of us you know, and we are gone for a week. It merited serious discussion.

Teddy and I decided we’d pick some up in Comox on Saturday since Sunday, anywhere in B.C. and definitely in small towns, all liquor stores will be closed. And we don’t really want to board the airplane with multiple boxes of wine slung under our arms.

Then yesterday on our way to the lake to test the kayaks, we re-visited this important issue. Lynda mentioned that she would be driving her truck to B.C. at the end of June. Perfect! I’m the designated purchaser and will deliver the beverages to her, she’ll get them there, and apparently our belongings will be craned off the ferry so weight isn’t an issue and it looks like we’re in good shape at the other end too.

Everything’s falling neatly into place.

Comments

Haloranch said…
You are brilliant! No, but I will look around for one right away.
Haloranch said…
Thanks for looking after this most vital concern, Lo! And yes...I'm good for it too [$23].

How did last night's session go with the kayaking?

And how did you manage if Lynda left for the Island on the 20th??

Is anyone taking a wetsuit??

I tried on Jaci's yesterday. [After struggling FOREVER to get it on I revealed myself to Joan, Jaci and Lisa who all broke out in loud laughter [awaking BOTH babies!!]. I had it on backwards!! Who knew?? But it's such an ordeal to get it on and off I don't think it's worth the effort. I'd be dry in it...but if the sun shone I'd probably melt. Hers is designed for swimming.

At any rate, I know Lynda has one and I thought Gail mentioned at our breakfast that she too has one. Do you know if either Lynda or Gail are taking theirs? I am nothing if not a follower!!

Actually, why am I asking you this? I'll email Gail myself. Sorry to have mentioned it!

Jaci has leant me a couple of short and long sleeved tops plus a pair of shorts... and I'm going to take Vern's cycling tights...all of these are made from polyester ... or at least non cotton material. I'm thrilled that I don't have to buy anything!!!
But I'll look like a jerk! Who cares? When my kayaking form is revealed nothing else will be noticed, I'm sure!

Thanks for keeping me posted on what's going on, Lo!!
Ted

Popular posts from this blog

The trouble with winter is…

Summer Palace

"The Party"