Back to Normal

Got back Friday morning around 1:00 a.m. and all day Friday I did laundry but we had to go out in the afternoon to fill the fridge. Hard to make a meal from pickles and mayonnaise. And then we both got diarrhea as our systems purged themselves of the indulgence from the past 4 weeks. Alas, it didn't purge the 8 pounds I gained so now I have to work on that for the next few weeks. *sigh* Why couldn't I have been born as someone who doesn't like to eat and drink?

Today all our clothes are clean. At least i didn't have to hang 10 loads outside like this photo in Venice.

Hans' tux fit both before and after the cruise so I didn't need to use the needle and thread I brought. It must be a miracle fabric! Nor, luckily, did I have to use the seam ripper on my clothes.


As for the next vacation, we're off to the Philippines in March. I looked for a cruise to take us there or back in order the avoid the 14 hour plane trip, LOL. Found a 32 day Holland America cruise from Hong Kong to Vancouver leaving April 9th. That might actually work for us since we can arrange to spend more time there or else in Hong Kong. We're thinking about it. Retired life is grand!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"