Quick Update

Sorry - haven't been able to blog since I can't bring myself to pay 50 cents per minute on the ship!! However, I have written up a few things which I will post sometime. Not today probably since this is our FIRST opportunity to use internet!

Yesterday we were in Istanbul. Fabulous city! We did get offered free internet by a Rotarian in a hotel however, it wouldn't let me access our webmail nor the blog so...

Today we are in Kusadasi, Turkey, and it's hot! 29 degrees so we quickly ducked into the first internet place we found. We'll brave the heat later.

We have seen beautiful cities. Rome is absolutely fantastic and we will be returning. Even though we didn't drop a coin into Trevi fountain. It's just a magical place and quite frankly, that took me by surprise. I hadn't expected to find it so fascinating.

The ship is grand. We had some rough seas, not very rough but enough for them not to fill the resistance pool until yesterday when I was the first to test it out. Loved it! Went in again this morning. Unfortunately I can't count laps since I swim in place, LOL, so I'm going by time and counting strokes. It's great. Hans works out on the treadmill and we're hoping to keep the pounds gained to a minimum.

Tomorrow is Athens, and we climb the Acropolis. Apparently there are 80 steps but since we're doing the steps on the ship, it should be a piece of cake, LOL.

We'll be in Venice on October 7-8-9 and maybe I can find a place to download my Word stuff on to the blog. Until then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"