1072 km done!

I am in Castrojerez having completed the 38th day. I have had no access to the internet for the last 4 days.

Here is a brief update.

Completed 1072 km. Over the last four days have walked 134 km. I need to slow down since at this rate I will be in Santiago on Jun16

which is way too early for my June 21 flight.

450 km remaining to Santiago

Day before yesterday was a milestone as I reached 1000 km and also exceeded my longest walk, the "Walk to Beat Polio" (1007 km) in 2008.

Health is OK although I have finally lost my second nail. Will likely lo





se another one along the way.

My shoes are giving me some grief. The left one is starting to tear on the left side of the foot. The toe cap that I had fixed in Red Deer before leaving is also starting to delaminate. I may take them back to MEC!

I decided not mail my notes and the SD card from the camera on Monday this week in view of the potential postal strike in Canada.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"