I can almost see the end. Only 140 kme left.

I am in Triacastella about 140 km from Santigo.

Since I last emailed I have stayed in Pereje, a tiny village 5 km past Villafranca de Bierzo and then O´Cebreiro. When I got to Pereje after having walked 38 km from Molinaesco (sp?), I decided to rationalize my situation. If I continued at the current rate I would be in Santiago on June 17, some 4 days prior to flying out on the 21st.

So, I have set up a schedule that will get me to the finish line on June 19.

Accordingly, yesterday I only walked the 22 km to O´Cebreiro (although all of it was uphill and the last 10 km were really tough). I arrived at 11:15 and had to wait until 1:00 for the albergue to open.

Similarly today I only walked 20 km and despite almost being the last person to leave the albergue I still arrived here 11:00. The albergue here doesn´t open until noon but they have allowed me in and I have access to their internet connection (obviously ....duh).

So, over the next 6 days I will average about 23 km. I will stay one day at the big albergue in Santiago and then I will find a hotel room with a bath tub.

Healthwise I am OK. A couple of toes are really sore after some 15 km of steep descent today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"