Vietnam!

With a grateful sigh, we stretched out on clean white sheets in our hotel in Hanoi. It was a full 30 hours since we left our bed in Red Deer.

Along the way, we caught brief snatches of sleep here and there, often at inopportune times. Like 30 minutes before our descent into Seoul. It's over 11 hours from Vancouver to Seoul and the timing was perfect, leaving Vancouver at noon. So I wasn't at all tired on the flight and watched 5, yes FIVE, movies (We bought a zoo; New Year's Eve; Tower heist; The Help; and the latest Twilight movie.) So now it's going on 11, it's too late to watch anything on TV, can't start a book, I realize I'm now quite tired and...it takes another 30 minutes to descend and taxi to the gate.

"That's okay," I'm thinking. We have a 5 hour layover in Seoul and I'll just stretch out on the benches in the airport." I was encouraged to see that there are no arm dividers on the chairs so I could in fact stretch out, as did Hans. However, my carryon bag made a bad pillow and just gave up. Five hours later, however, as soon as we boarded our Asiana flight to Hanoi, I was alseep before the plane left the ground.

The room is lovely.

Pink and yellow rose petals float in a bowl, sending soft perfume into the air.

We have a king size bed with a thin duvet which I never thought I'd use in this steamy heat, but the air conditioner works very well and it didn't take long to snuggle under it.

We have complimentary fruit in our room: mango, 2 bananas and what I think are 2 apple pears in our room. But no knife to cut the mango.

The hotel breakfast buffet this morning included mango and it's so delicious. The flesh is soft and creamy, more like a peach and not stringy like the Mexican mangoes.

In a little while we'll venture out for a walk, but today is going to mainly be a relaxed, getting-over-jet-lag day. In fact, the jetted tub in our bathroom might feature prominently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"