Second Class Citizen


We pooled some of our clothes and decided to do a quick laundry that evening after dinner.

It's about 9:00 and we were all finally hungry enough to break into some of the appetizers we'd brought along so Lynda opened the package of smoked salmon we'd been carrying around for 3 days. Gail and I sat in the lounge and played a game of Scrabble. Teddy watched. Lynda prepared crackers for each of us with some cream cheese, salmon and capers and was serving us. My glass of wine was empty so I asked, "Teddy, would you get me some more wine?"

"I've done the laundry. I've been working hard."

"Fine."

Not long after, Gail's beer is empty.

"Gail, can I get you another beer?" asked Teddy.

*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"