What Kind of Holiday Starts with Advil?


So I ask you, what kind of holiday starts with a quick stop to the pharmacy on the way to the airport for Advil?

That's how it started for Teddy. She didn't know I already had enough Ibuprofen in my bag to keep us all pain free for the upcoming kayaking week.

We met in the Calgary airport to catch our connecting flight to Comox. I had already had an accident. Getting out of the shuttle bus I accidentally ran my heavy suitcase over my big toe. Blood quickly filled my sandal and I left a trail on the airport floor leading to the bathroom, but it didn't really hurt. It was just messy. But we laughed together as we talked about our fears for the upcoming week and a frisson of relief shot through me to hear I wasn't the only one worried. Turns out Teddy's neck and back were sore, and I confessed I had had stress headaches.

Turns out our worries were completely unfounded. We had an absolutly great time!! But we did use the Ibuprofen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"