33 Years Today

33 years ago today Hans and I got married.

I've been asked, "What makes a relationship last so long?"

Most of it comes down to who you are. What your values are, your ethics, your morals.

A lot of it is luck. We're lucky that as we grew older and changed, we changed together.

A lot of it is money. More marriages break up over money than over anything else. We are fortunate not to have that problem, though money was certainly tight in the early years.

And finally, we treat each other with affection and respect. But most of all, we have fun together!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations! You are an inspiration.
Haloranch said…
Thanks! I wish you the same joy.
Anonymous said…
I have been enjoying your blog. I liked your reasons for the longevity of a marriage. Here is another possiblity.

Happily married for ever:

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town. "What a peaceful and loving couple".

A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage.

"Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," explained the man.

"We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's horse stumbled.

My wife quietly said, 'That's once'.

We proceeded a little further and the horse stumbled again.

Once more my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'

We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled the third time.

My wife quietly pulled a revolver from her purse and shot the horse dead.

I started an angry protest over her treatment of the horse; while I was shouting, she looked at me, and quietly said, 'That's once'...
Anonymous said…
HA!

FD

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"