Holey Moley

The mole left a hole.

But, thanks to my skillful surgeon Dr. Skochylas, it doesn't show. In fact, this morning I've had to point out my wound to everyone and they all said the same thing: "If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have noticed." Well, that's why I told you!

I had a mole in my right eyebrow. I first noticed it as a teen when I started plucking my brows though undoubtedly it was there before that. It was never a problem and when I was younger, it was smaller. Sort of like the rest of me. Since the mole got bigger my eyebrow hairs no longer grew in a pretty line but stuck out from it in a perculiar starburst fashion much like the witch's wart in Snow White.

The good doc saw it one day and said, "I can remove that."

Alright! It had never occurred to me to have this done, and so we set it up. Yesterday noon was the big day. I'm lying stretched out on the operating table in Outpatients.

"Are you just going to give me a local anaesthetic?"

Nodding over to the male nurse he replies, "Yes. Unless he brought the Big Hammer." Dr. Skochylas likes to joke around.

"Will there be a big bandage or just a small bandaid" I wondered out loud, because I was heading to Banff for dinner after the surgery.

"I usually don't put anything over it," he replied. I was momentarily disappointed. While I didn't want a big white flag on my brow, I also didn't want it to go completely unnoticed.

And he did such a fine job that I just had to draw attention to it. And also because I like a little sympathy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that it's removed, will you lose your witchy powers?
FD
Haloranch said…
Omigod, I never thought of that! Well, it's too late now, they're gone. I'll just have to be muggle.

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"