Coffee

On this sea day Teddy and I decided to splurge on breakfast and have as much freshly brewed coffee as we could hold down in the International Café . Not to mention a selection of delectable pastries for a truly decadent breakfast. But first, we had to ask the attendant what everything was.

“What’s in these?” Teddy asked, pointing to triangular shaped turnovers covered in thinly sliced, toasted almonds.

“Blueberries, apples and cherries,” he replied.

They all looked the same, so I asked, “Are all three in each one?” wondering how they filled that.

“Yes,” he replied, smiling happily at me.

I took one . It was blueberry.

Back at our table, Teddy said, “I think they’re trained to say yes when they don’t understand.” And then she went on, “and he’s the same guy who replied, éclairs and cookies when I asked him what time they opened in the mornings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have always enjoyed your travel blogs, Lo. They are so humourous and entertaining. I enjoy going with you to the places you visit through your blog.
Have a great trip
Manja
Haloranch said…
Thanks Manja. It's really nice to get feedback and know there are real people reading the blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"