Resistance Pool


Well, this has been my one disappointment.
(Photo of the resistance pool)

I was so excited to learn that the Star, like the Emerald Princess, also has a resistance pool allowing you to swim in place against the current. The first 2-3 days the maximum speed of the current was too weak to allow decent swimming and this was mentioned to the deck attendant. He told us that when they set the machine so you can crank up the speed of the current, it breaks down too often. Still, he did adjust the setting and for the next few days the current was stronger and Teddy and I were avid users of the pool.

Then the machine broke.

And it’s still broken.

We mentioned it to various staff at the Spa (they know nothing), the deck attendant (who said they would fix it), the Purser (who said they needed to get a replacement part and they would get it in Valparaiso.

Not sure what happened. It didn’t get fixed in Valparaiso because this morning it still wasn’t working. I mentioned it to two crew today, one of whom told me “It’s not good telling someone. You need to write it on a comment card.” Well then.
So I duly wrote a polite note expressing the urgency of getting the pool fixed so that I could swim off the pounds I’m gaining in the dining room. I signed my name and cabin number. If I had had a photo, I would have attached it so they could see I wrote the truth. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"