Best Lunch Ever!

If yeterday's lunch was worthy to write about, I should compose a symphony to today's.

We went back to the Gisborne Winery and ordered the antipasta platter. While it was being prepared, we tasted EIGHT wines for $5 each and the servings were very generous. None of this skimpy pouring! And then we picked a bottle to go with lunch. Life is good. And lunch is better.

I have to detail what was on the platter: two crisply roasted salmon kabobs, 2 hue mussels as 4 small marinate mussels, 4 sundried tomatoes, 1 small crayfish, several fish pieces, 4 sauces of pesto, soya honey, sundried tomatoes and a mayo/mustard blend. Then a huge wedge of blue cheese (a favourite of ours), brie, edam, gouda and some other kind, a bunch of black olives, pickled onions, 2 multigrain buttered toasts, some rice crackers, a length of beef tenderloin and a bottle of gewurtz. What a feast! And what a civilized lunch.

Now, I'm caught up. We're off to the beach to enjoy some sun, R & R and a good book.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Lo
I'm enjoying your holiday almost as much as you are. Thanks for sharing!
Mary Ann
Haloranch said…
Thanks for reading, Mary Ann. I know there are others as I see the counter going up, but lots aren't leaving messages. At least, I choose to believe that there are lots of readers and they're not leaving messages!

See you when I get back.
Anonymous said…
I didn't know how to leave a message, so I hope this works! I get hungry everytime I read your news!I usually log on around lunch time so that might have something to do with it! I told Bruce how well Hans was golfing and now he's booked himself into golf school!
The good news is I get to go to Pheonix too! In fact we leave on April 3rd. So you'll be coming back to an empty office as Dean is going to be away that week till the 7th.
Take Care..VSC
Haloranch said…
Vanessa, I can handle the empty office no problem!

Hans loved the golfing school and said it really improved his game, though for a while it was downhill, and not in a good way.

As you have been reading, we've been eating and drinking very well! Thank God for the few pounds I lost in anticipation of this trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"