Kiwi Barbecue

Sunday night Mike and Liz had 11 people for barbecue! Despite this, she and I were dawdling around in town when I would have been in a frenzy of activity. But she is more organized than I. This would be because she used to teach cooking, amongst other things.

She already had the Ikebana flower arrangements made and located throughout their house, so after she made the salads, it was just a question of setting up a few tables and chairs outside so we could enjoy the warm evening.

Guests included Steve (President of Mike's Club) and his wife Margaret; Dave, a Rotarian who also volunteers with Habitat for Humanity, Jon (son) and Audrey and Graham and Wendy. Wendy's birthday was the next day and Hans invited us to their place for dinner!! And they actually let us come!!!

During the evening Judy called to tell me I had left my visor at her place in Auckland and she is courriering it up to me. Thanks Judy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"