How to Fix my Paranoia

If you read my previous post, you'll know that I get a little anxious when Hans is away overnight. I'm much better now that we have an electronic gate across our driveway. However, before the gate and before I had a cell phone, I had the following routine:

- outside shoes by the bed (so I could step out the window)
- car keys on night stand (so I could sneak to the garage and get my car)
- portable phone on night stand (so I could call for help from my car or as I ran across the fields)

When I confessed my fears and routine to Teddy one day, she said with a straight face, "Why don't you just park your car outside the bedroom window? Better yet, why don't you just sleep in your car?"

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"