Trivial Pursuit

Trivial Pursuit isn't my favourite game because, obviously, I don't usually win. If I did, it would quickly become my favourite. For this very reason it's a favourite with the rest of my family. Hans almost always wins and Alethea loves the game so she can challenge herself against him. It's a double thrill when she wins. I wonder how they felt this weekend when I won?? I felt great!

Actually, I can't claim a clear victory. I was leading when we (not me) decided to forego the insetion of pie pieces and just read questions. I think the several bottles of wine we drank blunted our competitive urges and the game morphed into a congenial queestion and answer ame.

But for a brief moment, I was the winner at Trivial Pursuit. Remember, you read it here first.

Earlier, Alethea and I played Scrabble which is my favourite game (see reasons above). If I can't win, there's no one I'd rather get beaten by than my daughter. She didn't win this weekend, but boy, she came perilously close!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"