It is 3 PM On Thusday, September 13 and I am in Villafranca which is about 130 km past Leon.

I have had no internet access since Monday night when I think that I mentioned that I was having some problems with my left leg. The problem has persisted and has gotten worse to the point this morning when I left Molinaseca to walk the 27 km to here, that I might not be able to continue without perhaps taking a few days break to rest the leg or even to take a bus to the 100 km mark and then hobble the last bit to Santiago.

In any event I managed to slowly improve during the day and some Spaniards told me about a cream and a spray to buy at a pharmacy that was very helpful. It turns out that I have tendinitis in the area just above my left foot leading in to the area towards the knee. It was the long uphill to the Cruz de Ferro (where I lightened my load by leaving a small stone from home) followed by the 4 hour downhill under very difficult conditions to Molinaseca that exacerbated the mdical problem. Tomorrow is a very tough day with the big climb to El Cebreiro and then the long downhill to Sarria.

So in summary, I am going to continue with Day 21 tomorrow and I have 182 km to go to Santiago.

Day 18: Hospital de Orbigo to Rabanal: 37 km
Day 19: Rabanal to Molinaseca: 27km
Day 20: Molinaseca to Villafranca: 29 km
Tomorrow: Villafranca to El Ceberio: 26 km all uphill!!!

Got to give up the machine. Will try to write some more.

Love to you both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"