Nearing the primary goal - Santiago

I am in Arca, only 17 km from Santiago de Compostela. Should reach it easily by noon tomorrow (Wednesday).

Swelling in my leg decreased significantly overnight although it swelled up a bit during the 33 km walk today. Unfortunately, as I am getting better, Marcus is getting worse. He has blisters on both feet and has developed a new blister partially under another one. He also is having some problems with the muscles at the back of his left leg. I gave him some of my elixir, Ibuprofen, and hope that will at least help his calf. I think that he is going to struggle to Santiago tomorrow and I would be surprised if he will be able to walk to Finisterre.

The walk today was great. It was cool and breezy with cloud cover which made it very comfortable. Walked on trails through farmland and forests with occasional sojourns through small villages all day. Walked through groves of oak, beech and eucalyptus trees. At times it felt as if I were walking through a Vicks factory!

The plan is still to spend an extra day in Santiago before walking to Finisterre starting on Friday morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"