Some answers to earlier questions

With all of the money stuff going on I haven't had much time to think aboutother things but here are my thoughts regarding the questions from FD.

Where does your mind wander when you walk? What does it make you think of? What do you ponder, step after step in that zen-like place that exists when all that really is, in your world, is one foot in front of the other?

Answer: It wanders everywhere. When you have hours of walking in soliude you think about everything immaginable. You think about family, friends, the past, the future,where the next village is, where you hurt and so on.

How is the scenery changing?

Answer: This is the best part. You leave in the dark and your focus is on not missing the signs that guide you. Several times we have had to retrace our steps becausewe missed a sign in the dark (sounds a bit like missing the signs of life.) This morning I left in a brisk wind with stars everywhere. It was magical. Slowlythe sun rose behind me and I could see my elongated shadows. I have great shots of my shadows. As you walk across the Meseta, the plains of Northern Spain, the sun lights the valleys in front of you. It is stunning! This vista will continue for about a week as I make my way to Leon.

Are you happy?

Answer: Absolutely, this is one of the greatest adventures of my life. Yes, it has been difficult and challenging at times, but it is marvellous.

How is it different than you expected?

Answer: Not sure what I was expecting, but it is fullfillig in every way. Have met great people, seen wonderful things and am very happy that I decided to do this. Its not easy but very rewarding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"