Camino Questions and Answers

Q. What are you eating for supper?

A. I heated up a can of beans with chorizo and a can of tuna in the microwave. Also bought 4 croissants on sale for 1.30 €. Two of which I am saving for tomorrow. Also had some red wine.

Q. Is it at or below freezing each morning now for you?
A. It has been around freezing for each of the last three days.


Q. When is the latest you can leave the Albergue?

A. They state 0800 but there are very few peregrinos and it doesn’t get light enough to walk until 8:20 or so. I won’t leave until at least 8:30 and it will get later each day (shorter days and heading north).


Q. When does it get light enough for you to leave, and when does the temperature become a bit warmer so you aren't so cold in the mornings?

A. I can always go to a bar and have a coffee or two while it warms up a bit. Am thinking of buying a pair of gloves. In a pinch I will use my socks. As long as it doesn’t get any colder I should be OK. Hopefully I can make it over the mountains in a few days without it being too cold. (Hans has been using his socks as gloves - gloves are just another item to carry. While each item in itself isn't heavy, every little thing adds up and the backpack is heavy enough with all the extra water he has to carry this year due to the distance between towns.)

Q. Are there many peregrinos in the Albergues with you?

A. A young lady from Germany arrived shortly after me. Iin fact she is on the terminal next to me. And, since then another fellow on a bicycle has arrived. So it looks as if there are three of us.

Q. Do you have to go far from where you are on the internet to where you can sleep?
A. Albergue is 5 minutes walk from here.

Q. Have any of the albergues ever had internet access?
A. No


Q. When the albergues are locked as you arrive into town, is there a caretaker who stays there also at night or are you alone for the duration? Do you have to lock up when you leave?

A. You are alone unless it is an albergue with a hospitalero. The other night the albergue wasn't open yet when I arrived so I sat outside waiting for it to be unlocked and watched a dad play with his 3 year old daughter. A dog came and lay down next to me. It was nice to have some companionship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"