Favorite Dotter says Hans is Amazing. Read all about it.

I am writing to tell you that I think you're amazing.

I tell people you're walking across Spain and their eyes boggle. Then I tell them how far it is and they look shocked. And then I tell them it's to help raise money for Rotary's fight against polio, and they're moved. We're all moved. (Not as moved as you, walking 1,000 km, but still!)

You are incredible. You just decide to do something, and do it, and I don't know anyone else who is like that. It doesn't matter if it's hard or a challenge, or takes months of preparation and planning... you just do it and make it happen.

You're going to change people's lives doing this. People will live better lives because you decided that instead of just walking across Spain --as though that weren't enough -- you were going to raise money to fight a horrible disease while you did. Kids will be able to run. Women will have children and families. Men will be able to work, when otherwise, they would have lived lives trapped in crippled bodies. You are doing this. You are changing people's lives.

I'm in awe of you most of the time. But never more than now. I think about you every day. I send you love and good thoughts and strength. And if you do this walk again, I'm going to come with you. I want to be a part of this. And I want to live up to the example you set.

I am so proud of you.

Favorite Dotter, awed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"