The pool


I wanted to blog by the pool this morning.

"Two towels please," I told the attendant. Like yesterday, he replies in Thai. Undaunted, I continue in English. "I want to sit at a table," I say, heading towards them. I know he doesn't understand but he follows me, talking all the while, as do I. We merrily converse past each other in a hilarious Abbott and Costello routine.

He wants to put me on a lounge chair to soak up sun. I undertand this because he flings his arms out to the side and tilts his head up to the sky in a parody of sunbathing. "Can I get some shade?" I ask as I find a suitable table and he undertands me too, as I mimick putting an umbrella over my head.

He wipes the invisible dirt off my chair and I settle down with my computer to catch up on blogging. But it's too bright, even in the shade. Too bad. But since it's early, I'm blogging in the lobby and watching the pool fill with bathers. I'm joining them soon to do my laps, which I can do here, cause the pool is huge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"