The Mall

The delicous meal we had for lunch at the restaurant was all it took to tip the scales and we were fighting to keep our heads up by the time we got to Dave and Baby's house, our hosts for much of the next 2 weeks.

A two hour nap later, we addressed the serious concern of our missing luggage. Baby phoned the airport, who hadn't found our luggage yet, so we went to the mall to pick up a few necessities, like underwear. This caused me some real concern since (a) nearly all the women here are quite tiny and I wondered just how I was going to squeeze into anything I could find in the mall and (b) we were due to leave the next morning at 10:00 a.m. for an overnight stay at a beach resort. And the two bathing suits I packed were... in the lost luggage.

Baby, who's quite tall, brough me a brand new top she had and which fit me. Whew, now I had 3 tops. Dave gave Hans a t-shirt and with many misgivings, we headed out to the lingerie department. A quick glance at the bras confirmed that I was just going to have to wash mine out every night. Thank God I had better luck with the undies. And a bonus. They had a bathing suit there with a little skirt that I thought might work and she said they had it in XL. Of course, those sizes are kept in the dungeon at the other end of the store, down in the bowels and it took 20 minutes for her to come running back with the one and only in my size. But, it fit and even looked cute. My spirits cautiously perked up a notch. Then Baby took me to a fabric shop where I bought a length of lightweight fabric which I fashioned into a sarong to double as a bathing suit cover up and nightie. I knew I'd need a nightie since our next night was going to be sleeping sort of outside under mosquito nets alongside our friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"