Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I’ve lived through one of my nightmares and survived.

On our flight from Manila to the gorgeous, tropical island of Boracay, they weighed me at the airport!!!



To be fair, they didn’t weigh just me, but all of us Caucasians. Okay, we are visibly larger than our Philippine counterparts but even so... How embarassing is that?

I tried to hide behind Hans when I realized the way the wind was blowing but alas, there was no getting around it. First we had to weigh our carry on luggage as only 5kg was allowed. If the bag was overweight, it had to be checked. That meant some creative shuffling of items since our checked luggage was already, well, checked.
Then, we individually had to step onto the industrial scale that usually weighs your suitcase. Yikes. And we’ve been force fed every two hours since we got here! At least they didn’t call out the weight and it was in kgs, so it wasn’t immediately shocking. At least not until you converted it.

I didn't realized my purse was so heavy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"