Coffee, ha ha

We had coffee along the Vaci, the pedestrian mall not far off the Danube, to rest my feet. The waiter asked, "Cafe Latte, cappucino, espresso, American?"

"I'd like American coffee, but not 1/2 a cup in a small cup and saucer."

"No no" he assured me. "We have long coffee."

"Okay then" I agreed suspiciously. "It's just that every other place where I ask for American coffee, I just get this tiny amount in a small cup."

Off he went. And returned with a small cup half full.

"That's not long coffee! In Canada when we get coffe, it comes in a cup this big" and I held my hands far apart to demonstrate a mug.

"Oooh," he replied, with a hint of understanding in his eyes. And sure enough, he came back with a mug filled with coffee. And hot milk on the side. Finally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trouble with winter is…

Summer Palace

"The Party"