Rainy day Monday

We did all the usual touristy stuff today despite that fact that there was unrelenting rain all day. The umbrella I packed in the last minute helped, but Hans only had a baseball cap to keep him dry. It was woefully inadequate. So we warmed up by having coffee and dessert in the fabulous 4 Seasons Hotel which has been completely revamped in the last few years.

The prices reflect their upscale renovations.

But the desserts were exquisite. I struggled through the menu even though they had the English written menu.

"Come here, we have them all on display," he said, and led me to a glass counter where the selection was dazzling.

"What's this?" I asked, "and this" as I pointed to one after another. I wanted him to describe each one but after about 5 or 6 I decided I had better make a choice, though he was being very patient. "I'll have the mango and coconut with mixed berries" I finally said, pointing to a lovely deep yellow cylinder that had a few colourful, sassy berries perched on top.

A different waiter delivered my dessert plate, but it was the wrong one. "I'm sorry," I said apologetially, "this isn't the dessert I ordered."

"I'm very sorry," he replied. "Let me make it a gift to the gentleman." and he deposited the plate in front of Hans. So, we got a free $15 dessert. And the gentleman thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comments

Lethe said…
What a nice introduction to the city!
Haloranch said…
Definitely made up for the rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Palace

The trouble with winter is…

"The Party"