There was frost on the saddle and...

...frost on the ground.

Yikes. There's a definite chill in the air this morning. I'm sure if I stretch my hand outside and rub my fingers together the air will feel crunchy, as if it had millions of small ice particles hanging in it. The deck has a suspicious gleam to it. I'm going to hold that image in my head and laugh out loud as I pack my bathing suit for Budapest.

In other news, Hans found about 100 inch-long fish in the upper pond. They either went for a wild ride up the hose when they were very small fry, or else the eggs did. We've already brought about 100 babies into the house and set them up in their own Rubbermaid tank. Later we'll go fishing for the newbies and add them to the other little guys. Can't put them in with the big boys in the garage or they'll become food. But come spring, we'll have goldfish to give away since our pond really can't handle 200 fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trouble with winter is…

Summer Palace

"The Party"